WRMFF: Sing Me a Lullaby
Tuesday, December 14, 2021 7:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m.
2017 Nafziger Rd
View on Google Maps
As part of Waterloo Region’s Global Migration Film Festival, we invite you to screen the film Sing Me a Lullaby.
At the beginning of her journey to find her biological grandparents, Tiffany Hsiung says, “All I had with me were two names on a napkin.” Sing Me a Lullaby unravels the complex tensions between love and sacrifice, captured over 14 years and across two continents. Told through the intertwined journeys of daughters and their mothers, this is a story about recovering familial history, healing inherited pain, and understanding that love comes in many forms.
The Film Festival runs from December 1st-18th, with December 18th is International Migrant Day. At Immigration Partnership we celebrate it by organizing the Global Migration Film Festival GMFF. This year due to unforeseen reasons GMFF is not happening globally. The good news is that the Social Inclusion Working Group (SIWG) has decided to organize the Waterloo Region Migration Film Festival (WRMFF) 2021 - #WRMigFest. The objective of this initiative is to use films as educational tools that influence perceptions of and attitudes towards migrants, by bringing attention to their social issues. The goal of the Festival is to pave the way for greater discussion around migration and relocation, by creating safe spaces for respectful interaction and dialogues.
Participants will receive a private Zoom link from library staff to join the day of the event:
- Please do not share your received zoom meeting invitation with others, as this is a closed meeting. Please encourage anyone interested in joining our program to register to receive their own meeting invitation and link.
- Please make sure your email address is accurate and that on the day of the event, you log onto Zoom with the username that you provide in your registration.
In registering you understand that:
- Video and audio from your screen will be visible to the library staff and other program participants
- The program will not be recorded and the chat log will not be archived.
- Registration is required for this program.